Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Julio Needs a Witness

Sometimes I see something and I think to myself: This would be funny if it weren't so sad.
Well, this was one of those times. But then I got to thinking about it more, and really the sad state of this young man doesn't mitigate the hilarity at all.
The video itself is a good 2 and a half minutes long, and not totally necessary. The beginning is good stuff because you get to see the quality of questions encountered during President Obama's town-hall meeting yesterday in Ft. Myers, FL. Later in the clip you can also have a good laugh at the fact that Obama tries to take the guy seriously, tries to pay him a compliment, and tries to assure him that a tax-credit (ostensibly for his income taxes he incurs while flipping burgers and sticking his face in the deep-frier) will pay for his tuition. Also, the little "picture in a picture" action that MSNBC uses is good for something and you can watch the young man have some sort of a religious experience while being addressed by the President. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. He has him in his thrall. I never want to "catch" anyone having a religious experience & I blame that on Catholic school. The nuns told us anyone could hear the "calling" at any time. I was scared to death I would hear it. 43 & still not a sound.
    This was very funny. Thanks ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. Would like to see more readers over here, but they'll come. It took me a year & a half just to get up to the 39 I have & an average of 5-8 comments!

    Just what was this guy smoking?? It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad as you said. This is indicative of the entitlement mentality that is prevalent in our society today. This young man wanted the government to step in & get him a better job without him having to do anything to get a better job. He should get it the same way we got it - work for it, get the education or skills necessary to become more marketable. The world doesn't owe any of us a living.

    Dirk
    THE FIRST AMENDMENT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT II
    http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete